Everest Base Camp Trek 14 daysBold Himalaya
Everest Base Camp Trek is a terrific trekking package to experience an authentic and rich Himalayan culture.. It is the most renowned high altitude trekking destination in the world. Our final destination is the "base camp"/view point of Mount Everest. We trace the same path that Sir Edmund Hillary, Tenzing Norgay, and countless others traversed, up to the base camp. It is rather busy during the peak season, early booking is recommended.
Everest Base Camp trek is filled with breathtaking views of 4 of the 6 highest peaks in the world. These include the word's highest mountain - Mt. Everest (8,848m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Makalu (8,470m), and Cho Oyu (8,201m).
The trek is beautifully decorated with Mani stones, Chortens, and colorful prayer flags.
Our journey begins from Lukla. Lukla (2,840m) is a Sherpa settlement known as the Gateway to Everest. From here, we trek through the valley of Dudh Koshi to Namche. You will spend a day here before heading to Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Gorak Shep, and finally Everest Base Camp.
Drinking-Water and It's facilities on Everest Base Camp Trek
While you are trekking at a high altitude your body should be Hydrated and Energetic. Normally trekkers need to drink 3-4 Liters of water in a day. drinking enough water can reduce the risk of High altitude sickness. Some locals drink water directly from the tap, but we don't recommend for trekkers to drink water directly from a stream or tap but you can purify tap water by using purification tablets or life straws. Travelers can buy mineral water in the bottle from trekking lodge, safe drinking water you can reveal it from Tea House or you can buy boiled water.
The weight limits for Lukla Flight and Porter
Kathmandu Lukla flight trekkers are allowed to carry 10 kg bags whereas the weight of 5 kg a handbag. In case, of extra weight trekkers have to pay the extra payment for airlines.
Moreover, Porters carry maximum carriers of weight about 20 kg for 2 trekkers, so we suggest to our clients to pack necessary items only, The unnecessary items can leave in Kathmandu Hotel or Office
ATM & money exchange
there is a good banking system in Nepal along with some branches of international banks in Kathmandu and major cities. The unit of the Nepalese currency is calculated in Rupee. In Kathmandu, trekkers can easily find authorized money exchange counters & agents. Although in high altitude trek then there is no banking & money exchange system are available. ATM is available only in Namche bank are available. But above Namche, there are no banks or ATMs for money exchange.
What to Pack for Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek is high altitude trekking in the Himalayas range, The packing list varies according to trekking time, winter time June, (November- February) needs more layers, Thermos (Vacuum Flask), Warm enough down jacket and sleeping bag -20 to keep your body warm. Normally morning and evening will be cooling weather where we must prepare for warm enough clothing and gears as big jacket as a down jacket, warm enough fleece, warm hat, gloves, warm enough socks warm trouser or trekking paints. some quick-dry trekking t-shirt, a sleeping bag.
Best Time to Trek Everest Base Camp
There are mainly two best seasons for the trek to Everest Base Camp Trek one is after winter (March-May) another is after the monsoon (September-November). We can do EBC trek in winter and monsoon too but in the winter heavy snowfall makes it difficult for trekkers and in monsoon chances of landslide flood and sometimes cloud makes difficult to see to mountains
Hot Showers & Laundry Services in EBC Trek
Most of the trekking lodges provide hot showers but a few lodges do laundry services mainly at a lower altitude
Gears and Cloths for Everest Base Camp Trek (Packing List for Everest Base Camp Trek)
- Clothing items- Caps/Hat, Warm hats (Banie), jackets(Down, fleece jacket, Water Proof), shirts, Thermal Set( Base Layer), t-shirts, trousers/Hiking Pants (warm & waterproof), Neck Gaiter, Gloves (Inner & Insulated), Towel, Undergarments
- Bag packs and Bags – Day Pack, at least you have a 45-50 liters backpack or Duffel bag that can put your necessary
- Footwear- Trekking Shoes, sandals, sucks (Warm) at list 4 pairs, Gaiters (for Winter)
- Sleeping Bags- sleeping bags at least -15 to -20 for winter, Sleeping bag liner
- Electronics items- Camera, Headlamp or touche with batteries, portable charger( Power Bank)
- Accessories - Eye wears (Sun Glass), Trekking Poles, Water Bottle (Hydration Bladder), Crampons/ micro-spikes (For Winter only)
- Miscellaneous- Safety and First aid items & medicine (Including Oximeter & Thermometer), Bag cover/pack covers, Money Belt, hand sanitizer, Sun cream, Toothbrush, tooth cream, Shop, Shampoo, Toilet paper, Booties(for winter) Mitten( For winter) Cards, Shanks, chocolates, Money, Passport, Travel insurance