Annapurna Circuit Trek 13 DaysBold Himalaya
Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the most sensational and classical treks in Nepal. The journey takes us around the entire Annapurna massif itself, reaching the highest point of the trek, Thorong La Pass. We walk through the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki gorge with Annapurna I rising to the east and Dhaulagiri to the west. The trek is ideal for all the experience levels, from beginners, to professionals and the mountaineers too.
The terrain ranges from sub-tropical to a barren and semi-desert like areas. This spectacular trekking route in the Annapurna region is open since 1977 and has been recognized as one of the world's best trekking trails according to the survey of Modern Maturity (USA).
Crossing over Thorong La Pass is both the highlight and the biggest challenge of the Annapurna Circuit trek. It offers a real sense of achievement. And the trek between Manang and Thorong La is one of the most beautiful part of the Annapurna circuit. It provides the majestic views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III, and Chulu West on the way up. Likewise, from the top, you can see the region of the upper Mustang. Besides, the trail winds down to Muktinath, a revered and sacred spot for both Hindu and Buddhists. Muktinath is also referred to as Chumig Gyatsa (a hundred-odd spring) by Buddhists. The cold water from the mountain springs is carried through 108 cow’s head faucets. It is behind the Vishnu temple. It is said to flow from the sacred lake of Manasarovar near Mount Kailash, the abode of Lord Shiva.
Moreover, one of the main highlights of the trek is the deepest gorge in the world. It is carved by the Kaligandaki River. Kaligandaki gorge separates the major peaks of Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,795ft) on the west and Annapurna(8,091m/26,545ft) on the east. Another highlight of the Annapurna circuit trek in Jomsom. It is best known for its airport. This airport offers a quick entry and exit to the valley with a regular daily flight from Pokhara. It can also be considered as the place to use as a base for exploring the upper part of the Kali Gandaki region.
Annapurna Circuit trek allows you to explore the amazing aspect and landscapes of the southern and northern Himalayas. As the trek starts with the beautiful drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar. Besisahar provides amazing views of Annapurna II, Machhapuchhare, Lamjung Himal. Moving ahead, the off-road drive follows the Marsyangdi River with the beautiful sound of the river flowing. Trek through the beautiful villages, passing waterfalls, bridges to headquarter of the Manang district, Chame. Passing Chame, reach to the steepest part of the Marsyangdi. The trail goes through the dense dark forest that opens up to the beautiful village Pisang. Whereas, Upper Pisang offers the magnificent views of Annapurna II and Annapurna IV. Next is Manang village acclimatization is fixed. There you can visit the majestic Chongkor viewpoint and Gangapurna Lake. After Yak Kharka, the high point of the trek involves the Thorong La Pass. The arid valley of Upper Manang is home to the Tibetan-Buddhists.
Then head to the Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath. Here you encounter mixed cultures, Tibetan, Thakalis, Magar, Gurung. Trekking further to another headquarter of our Annapurna Circuit trek, Jomsom. Jomsom headquarter of Mustang and entry point of Upper Mustang. And a beautiful scenery flight from Jomsom takes you to Pokhara.
Encounter a variety of Mountain communities of Gurung, Manangi, Magar, Tibetans, and Thakali people. We pass through beautiful villages and rhododendron, bamboo, oaks forest with diverse flora and fauna. The views of great Himalayas like Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Dhaulagiri ranges and glacier, Hiunchuli, Lamjung Himal, Machhapuchhre, Tilicho peak, Pisang Peak, Chulo Peak, Thorong peak, Gangapurna peak, and many more throughout the different places of Annapurna Circuit is astonishing.
Updated: 5 months ago (2022-08-21)
Gears and Cloths for Annapurna Circuit Trek (Packing List for Annapurna Circuit Trekking)
- Clothing items- Caps/Hat, Warm hats (Beanie), jackets(Down, fleece jacket, Water Proof), shirts, Thermal Set( Base Layer), t-shirts, trousers/Hiking Pants (warm & waterproof), Neck Gaiter, Gloves (Inner & Insulated), Towel, Undergarments
- Bag packs and Bags – Day Pack, at least you have a 35-45 liters backpack or Duffel bag that can put your necessary items
- Footwear- Shoes and sandals, sucks (Warm) at list pairs, Gaiters (for Winter)
- Sleeping Bags- sleeping bags at least -15 to (-20 for winter)
- Electronics items- Camera, Headlamp or torch with battery, portable charger( Power Bank)
- Accessories - Water bottle, Eye wears (Sun Glass), Trekking Poles, Water Bottle (Hydration Bladder), Crampons/ micro spikes (For Winter only)
- Miscellaneous- Safety and First aid items & medicine (Including Oximeter & Thermometer), Bag cover/pack covers, Money Belt, hand sanitizer, Sun cream, Toothbrush, tooth cream, Shop, Shampoo, Toilet paper, Booties(for winter) Mitten( For winter) Cards, Shanks, chocolates, Money, Passport, Travel insurance